If a member requires advice on Declarations of Interest, he/she is advised to contact the Legal and Democratic Services Manager in advance of the meeting. (For the assistance of members a checklist for use in considering their position on any particular item is included at the end of this agenda sheet.)
The following declarations were received:
1. Councillors Mrs Blake, Blane, Dereli, Gordon, Mrs Marshall, Mee, Moran, Owen, Pope, Sutton, Whittington and Witter declared a non-pecuniary interest in relation to item 10 Capital Programme Out-Turn 2020-21 and item 12 'Council Plan Annual Report 2020/21 in view of their membership of a Parish Council.
2. Councillors Aldridge, Pope and D Westley declared a non pecuniary interest in relation to item 10 Capital Programme Out-Turn 2020-2 and 12 'Council Plan Annual Report 2020/21' and Item 18a 'Derby Street Bridge – Motion', as Members of Lancashire County Council, as did Councillors Coughlan, Cummins and Gagen as an employee of Lancashire County Council.
3. Councillors Devine, Owen, Nixon, West and J Wilkie (Tenant of a Council flat/house) Coughlan and Gregson (Tenants of a Council garage) declared disclosable pecuniary interests in relation to item 11 ‘Housing Account – Revenue and Capital Outturn’ for the reasons indicated but were entitled to speak and vote by virtue of an exemption (nothing in these reports relates particularly to their respective interests arising from the tenancy or lease).
4. Councillors Aldridge, Blane, Cooper, Gregson, Mee, Nixon, Sutton and K Wilkie declared non-pecuniary interests in relation to item 11 ‘Housing Account – Revenue and Capital Outturn’ as they have a connected person who is a tenant of rented Council accommodation. Insofar as that interest becomes a pecuniary interest (as it would affect the financial position of their relative and a member of the public with knowledge of the relevant facts would reasonably regard this as so significant that it is likely to prejudice their judgement of the public interest) they declared that interest but considered that they were entitled to speak and vote by virtue of an exemption as nothing in these reports relates particularly to the relevant tenancy or lease.
5. Councillor Coughlan declared a pecuniary interest in relation to Agenda Item 17. 'Leisure Facilities – Public Consultation' in respect of his appointment to West Lancashire Community Leisure.