Venue: Cabinet/Committee Room - 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF
Contact: Julia Brown
There were no apologies for absence received.
SUBSTITUTIONS (IF ANY)
There were no substitutions.
If a Member requires advice on Declarations of Interest, he/she is advised to contact the Borough Solicitor in advance of the meeting. (For the assistance of Members a checklist for considering their position on any particular item is included at the end of this agenda sheet).
There were no declarations of interest.
To receive as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 21 September 2017.
AGREED: That the Minutes of the meeting held on 21 September 2017 be noted.
To consider the report of the Borough Solicitor.
Members considered the report of the Borough Solicitor as contained on pages 29 to 34 of the Book of Reports which provided an update on Member training undertaken since September 2017.
In discussion comments were raised in relation to:-
· Addressing Members latest needs and requirements
· Provision of Briefing Sessions on topical issues
· IT training
AGREED: That the update be noted.
FEEDBACK FROM THE MEMBER DEVELOPMENT GROUP REPRESENTATIVES FROM THEIR MEMBERS
To receive feedback from the Member Development Group Representatives from their Members.
The Chairman explained that Group Representatives would encourage Members to attend future training events relating to their current role and development.
In discussion it was suggested that the scheduling of future training / briefing sessions would be beneficial to Members if they were to be arranged prior to a scheduled meeting in order to provide Members a better opportunity to attend.
Further comments included:-
· Planning Training requirements
· Planning Briefing Sessions including wider topics such as Conservation and Environment
· Key changes to Legislation and Latest Topical Issues
· Provision of a New Members 'tour of Offices' at Members Induction.
AGREED: That the feedback and comments of the Commission be noted and referred to the Borough Solicitor.
To receive an update on future training:-
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – Prior to Audit & Governance Committee (Open to all Members) - Tuesday 27 March 2018 - 6.00pm
Annual Licensing Training – Thursday 31 May 2018
Annual Planning Training (Date tbc – June 2018)
Annual Code of Conduct Training – 19 June 2018 – 6.00pm
I-Pad training (Dates tbc)
Laptop training (Dates tbc)
The Member Services / Civic Support Officer outlined future training dates for Members, including:-
· General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 27 March 2018 – 6.00pm
· ICT / Modgov Support Session (Prior to Council) – 25 April 2018 – 6.00pm – 7.30pm
· Annual Licensing Training- 31 May 2018 – 6.00pm
· Annual Planning Training (June 2018 –date tbc)
· Annual Code of Conduct Training- 19 June 2018 – 6.30pm
· I-Pad Training – (Several dates tbc)
· Laptop training – (Several dates tbc)
AGREED: That the above future training arrangements be noted.
To consider the Work Programme for the Commission and note the date of the next meeting.
Members considered the Work Programme for 2018/19 and the dates of future meetings of the Commission.
AGREED: That the Work Programme for 2018/19 and future meetings of 20 September 2018 and 14 March 2019 as outlined in the report be confirmed.