To consider the report from the Headof Finance,Procurement andCommercial Services.
Consideration was given to the Grant Thornton Progress Update report as contained on pages 275-284 of the Book of Reports.
The Chairman invited Georgia Jones, Audit Manager Grant Thornton, to present the report to the Committee.
Comments and Questions were raised as follows:
· All 15 Councils across Lancashire have not published their accounts.
· Most common reason for delay is lack of resources, Covid Pandemic and the Government placing extra work on the Auditors.
· 90% of Councils late in publishing their accounts, so national situation.
· Important for comments to be minuted and not left open to interpretation that WLBC are a poor Council.
· Accounts to be completed in January 2022.
RESOLVED: That the Grant Thornton Progress Update Report be noted.